Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2010 CrossFit Regionals Reflection





It was an EPIC 2 days in Puyallup WA. The competition was strong and the events were "classic". Saturday started with...
3 rounds of
10 OHS at 95Lbs
50 Double Unders
my time..6:20 (7th place)

I struggled with my double under for the first time in a long time...I can only attribute it to the combination of Overhead Squats, my legs were toast going into the final round of DUs ....I could barley manage putting 3-4 jumps tohether before losing my ability to rebound of the mat. My goal was to place in the top 5.

Next was the Axle Deadlift.
90sec to pull as many reps with a Fat Bar with a chosen wt of 173, 213 or 263...I chossse 173lb figuring I could maximize my time the best without taking breaks. The stratagy worked out well with my perfomance being the best of the day; 38 reps in 90sec! (1st place)

Sunday Day 2

Started with a 5 mile run....I was optimistic and not overly concerned..I figured the ladies who DNF'd in day one were out and unable to score so all i needed to do was have a strong run. My goal was to maintain 9 minute miles BUT ended up with 8:40's my time was 43:31. (24th place)

The Final Event was AMAZING as we had to complete the following for time.....

30 cal on the rower
30 thruster #65
3 rope ascents 15'
30 KBS
20 cal rower
20 thruster #75
2 rope ascents
20 KBS
10 cal rower
10 thruster #95
10 KBS
MY time 16:03 (3rd place)

I felt confident with all the mov'ts in this workout. The thruster I knew were going to be the most challenging as the weight increased each round. I stayed with my game plan by taking my pre planned breaks between sets of thrusters and Kbs...the last set of thruster trashed my pace as I found in difficult to get back on the bar! Overall happy with my performance...my time was faster that I thought I was capable of achieveing.

No comments:

Post a Comment