Sunday, November 14, 2010

Training Day

1x 2mile Run @ 8 mile pace; 15:45
1x 800m Sprint Run faster than 2mile pace; 3:15 / 3min rest
2 x 400m Sprints faster than 800m pace; 1:26, 1:30 / 3min rest

Currently I am reading a book for one of my master's courses, it's called the "21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership". In this book, the author describes 21 laws that can maximize your influence as a leader. In my profession, as a strength coach, my influence is what causes clients/athletes I work with to try harder, get pumped up or extend themselves beyond what they think is possible. If an athlete feels "comfortable" around me...then my influence is weak...if an athlete is putting everything on the line every practice because he/she doesn't want to disappoint me...then my influence is strong. In my eyes, I am getting all I can from that athlete and in turn, the athlete is getting everything they need from me.

If you are a trainer or coach...."I believe the bottom line in leadership isn't how far we advance ourselves, but how far we advance others". - John Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment