Thursday, November 4, 2010

Workout of the Day...PAINSTORM

Row 750 m Warm up....

Gymnastic skill work...rings ...handstands

Max Push ups in 2min: 44reps (chest to deck)

Filthy 50's
50 box jumps = easy
50 Jump Pull ups = fine
50 KBS= Unbroken
50 lunges= legs feeling tired
50 KTE= started with kipping...then came cramps :-(
50 Push Press = easy wt. not comfortable...
50 Back ext= IN PAIN with CRAMPS...battling mind to finish
50 Wall Balls = not hard just mentally out
50 Burpees= Punisher, shaky weak, caught myself feeling sorry for myself...
50 Double unders= Unbroken...SOB!

Time= 28:40...obviously a bad day in the office.

Mental review after a not so "optimal day"...

My goal today was to finish this workout under 25 minutes... when I realized my body was working against me...I mentally became less motivated and more frustrated and began focusing on the pain and discomfort of my lovely menstrual cramps and fatigue.
I believe I could have handled this situation better by first, adjusting my mental focus from the beginning, and focusing on what needed to get done. Not the pressure of the outcome goal (get under 25min).
Not everyday is going to be an "A Day" ...which sucks...BUT if there is something you could have done to perform better in that condition, extract that lesson and then put that event aside.

"Daily goals should be aimed at improvement of personal control over your performance, yourself, and the obstacles that you face." -Terry Orlick

My Lesson: Don't feel sorry about not feeling optimal for that training day...shit happens ...do the best you are capable of that day...then move onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment